Your Family Pharmacist
Pharmacy Claeys in Antwerp, your family pharmacist
Patients with chronic ailments can choose a family pharmacist to assist them in their medication usage with personal advice and a plan for all of the medications they use. If you have to use medication for a long time, you can choose a family pharmacist. This is especially beneficial if you take several medications per day.
What does a home pharmacy do?
- Has a full overview of your medication
- Creates a medication schedule for you
- Adjusts your medication schedule for every change
- Guarantees you personal advice
- Works together with your doctor and other caretakers
- Acts as a contact person for all information about your medication
Benefits of a medication schedule
- Offers a full and trustworthy overview of all the medications you take, including prescription drugs as well as over-the-counter medications
- Contains all useful information regarding every medication, including dosage and the times at which it should be taken
- Helps you take your medicine correctly and improves your quality of care
- Can be shared by your home pharmacy with your other caretakers
What do I need to do?
Sign an agreement with your pharmacy of choice. This includes two items of consent:
- Permission to exchange your health details with your other caretakers electronically.
- Permission to access a full overview of your treatment via your pharmaceutical dossier and to keep this dossier on hand.
Good to know
- You can always change your family pharmacist and still pick up your medication at any pharmacy.
- You can always end the agreement with your family pharmacist.